Friday, March 11, 2011

Japan

Hello Cadets, I'm sure all of you know of the earthquake that hit Japan early this morning and the tragedy that befell the people. I find that in light of this terrible event I cannot write my usual upbeat message today but a rather somber reminder. There are hundreds dead and hundreds more missing and it is with a heavy heart that I know that the number is still growing. The worst thing about a natural disaster is that there is no warning, no one to blame, and no time to react. I hope that the survivors know that their loss and pain are felt all across the world today. Please keep in mind that in these situations, unity and solidarity are everything, and with that we will overcome any obstacle.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to please help with the relief efforts in any way you can. I am not much for praying but I will pray for all the lost souls today and that those who survived will find the strength to move on someday. This is the War Kitten signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment