Monday, July 25, 2011

Top 5 Zombie Games

Hello Cadets, I hope the weekend was kind to you. Now that you are all well versed in zombie classification it's time for a countdown. I Thought I'd go with the shorter list of zombie games. I am warning you that there will be no Call of Duty or Red Dead Redemption expansions on here, there are strictly zombie games that were about zombies from beginning to end. So I present to you the top 5 zombies games/series.

5. House of the Dead

This was the first rail shooter and first zombie game I ever played, the graphics had never been anything to hoot and holler about and the voice acting was Shakespearian in the sense that it was comically tragic, but the gore was strangely satisfying and the bosses were always impressive from first to last. This game has been a staple in my arcade diet since I was old enough to aim a lightgun.

4. Dead Rising

As the first sandbox zombie game this was a treat. Like Grand Theft Auto you run around completing different missions and you choices, successes and failures dictate the outcome of the game. The second game introduced a new hybrid weapon making system that at time were sometimes impractical yet almost always absolutely hysterical. I hope the creators will continue to create something new and extraordinary with each installment.

3. Dead Space

This is by far one of the scariest games I never played. The story, while long, was well worth sitting through and the scares would set you on edge for hours to come. Since I am a big wimp ever since attempting to play Fatal Frame 2 I have not tried again but even just sitting and watch I was entranced. The second installment was equally impressive and freaky and I look forward to further Dead Space spectating!


2. Resident Evil


I loved this series, the first shared the wonderful flaw of House of the Dead with the poor voice acting and the controls were wonky, and don’t even start with the camera angles. Here’s what they did right, the story was intriguing and there was a lot to build off of and build they did. The original characters split off into their own side stories and recently they have changed from reanimated zombies to infected. Also they learned from their mistakes and fixed the camera angles and began to change the controls. Now the game’s playability is near unrecognizable from it’s ancestor but the story remains 100% consistant and we are grateful for it.


1. Left 4 Dead (1 & 2)


I was never a fan of first person shooters until this game. The quick zombies and interestingly fleshed out worlds were something new, and the characters weren’t all military or police types, they were regular people making do with what was given to them. The special infected were a nice touch, to this day the Witch freaks me out a bit if I play alone. The introduction to the melee weapon and new special infected in the second installment were a refreshing touch to a game format that is unique and in a way typically Valve-like. I am excited for the new downloadable content that is on it’s way and the much talked about third game.



Tomorrow I will begin my zombie countdown of my top 10 zombie movies. There is a poll on The Litter-ati Where you can vote for your favorite zombie games and  voice your opinions. This is War Kitten signing off and pointing out that you almost became a Jill Sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment